Thursday, February 24, 2005

Tell me why - By Naomi

Tell Me Why?
© (2005) Naomi

Tell me Tatty, why did you do this to me?
My stomach turns over at the thought
My holy of holies, you made impure
You violated.

Tatty, you’re my father,
why did you do this to me?
I you with a deep loathing hatred.

Who can understand a man
who would violate his own daughter?
I can’t get it out of my mind.

I myself
I feel so awful and gross
Like your hand is still between my legs
and there is nothing I can do about it.
I feel a helpless rage
desperately trapped in your abuse.

I’m afraid to get married.
How can I trust any man when my own father violated me like that?
I want to run through the streets screaming crying and shouting
don’t hurt me don’t hurt me I’m a child!
Love me! protect me!
don’t touch my privates
get away!
I’m a blazing churban.
A pile of charred debris.
A broken self.

A destruction that began
when you started touching me.
Manipulating my young body.
destroying my soul.

You d me Tatty. You raped me.
How could you?
What should I do with this broken,
burnt little who’s tears are drowning me
as she cries for someone to save her?

She feels you still
hurting her down there.
I you for what you did to her to me.
I want to kill or die . . .

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a powerful poem. Thank you for sharing it.

February 24, 2005 10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Naomi for sharing something so personal. Thanks for making abuse so real!

February 24, 2005 11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't this a little too graphic?

February 25, 2005 11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for writing this and also for sharing it. I feel the same way.

February 28, 2005 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your courage to write this so directly.


"I want to kill or die..."I know that feeling....

March 01, 2005 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home