Tuesday, September 12, 2006

How Many Alleged or Convicted Sex Offenders Are Connected To Torah.org

The image “https://wwws.capalon.com/secure/torah/images/torah2-30percent.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.The image “http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/Menken_Ken1.jpeg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. Rabbi Yaakov Menken

It really bothers me whenever I google the name of a rabbi where allegations were made of professional sexual exploitation and the rabbi has articles or information up on the Torah.org web page.

The reason why this is a concern is because it can be seen as a way of promoting an alleged sex offender. It's not uncommon for someone to google's someone's name to find out who they are, or what organizations they are connected to. Doing this can be extremely misleading.

As we all know there have been series allegations of clergy abuse made against Rabbi Yaakov Menken, who is the founder and director of the web page Torah.org and Team Genisis. Menken is also the author of "Everything Torah Book".

Here's a list of some of them. If you know of others please post them. Believe it or not, there's no articles on his site by Rabbi Matis Weinberg or Rabbi Eliezer Eisgrau.
  1. Rabbi Shlomo Aviner
  2. Rabbi Moshe Eiseman (Eisemann)
  3. Rabbi Yaakov Menken
  4. Rabbi Ben Zion Sobel
  5. Rabbi Aron Boruch Tendler
  6. Rabbi Mordecai Tendler

I think we should also make a list of the alleged and convicted sex offenders who daven in Rabbi Yaakov Hopfer's Shul.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen a credible allegation against Rabbi Menken, only some unattributed nonsense that was posted by Luke Ford as revenge after Menken debated with him a few years back.

September 18, 2006 5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what he did. I know because I was there. I know because it happened to me.

Who am I? I am a woman in my twenties. I grew up in an ultra-orthodox community.

How did I meet him? Through my work as a software developer.

What did he do, exactly? I was at a point in my life where I was experiencing confusion and depression. He noticed this, and offered to counsel me. I spoke to him extensively about issues I was dealing with, and I grew to trust him. He was a father figure to me. Then he betrayed my trust by manipulating me into a sexual relationship with him.

Why should you believe me? You have no reason to believe me. I am not signing my name to this since I've moved on with my life and have no desire to go public with this. Even if I did sign my name, you'd probably say that I'm crazy (like people have said about Eisgrau's daughter). It doesn't really matter who I am. The truth can come from anywhere. I am telling my story so the world should know. So that, perhaps, one less person will be hurt.

September 22, 2006 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who ever wrote the crap about there being no credible evidence, please call rabbi Kameniski and ask him about the confession Menken made.

Just like many other cases in the haredi world our rabbonim are more concerned about protecting their buddies then they are in protecting our young people.

Because of Menken and knowing the story behind the allegations I would never want to become observant. I don't want to associate with such pious people as that little weasel.

Those who follow him are the mindless. Those who quit thinking for themselves.

September 22, 2006 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home