Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Case of Dr. Akiva Abraham (Clifton Park, NY)

Court won't return doctor's license

Associated Press
April 20, 2007

A mid-level appeals court has rejected the appeal of a Saratoga County obstetrician whose license to practice medicine was revoked in 2005.


Akiva Abraham of Clifton Park had his license yanked after it was determined he'd had sex with a patient in his office and in a hospital waiting room.

Abraham was also accused of falsifying medical records for several patients and failing to maintain accurate records.

The Appellate Division of state Supreme Court released their decision not return Abraham's credentials Thursday.

The decision says Abraham initiated sexual contact with a young woman suffering from anxiety and depression on the same day he was performing an abortion for her. The sexual relationship lasted for five months, and Abraham once forced the woman to have intercourse.

He also lied to a Department of Health investigator about the relationship and engaged in numerous acts of fraud.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How dare he take advantage of a

girl in trouble
Now he is in jail for ins fraud and arson .

What a great human being

May 15, 2009 10:48 PM  
Anonymous the "girl" said...

that "girl" was me. He was...no IS a monster. What they didn't say is even worse. I'm just to thankful for my family and the support I had around this whole awful time. It still haunts me, but it will never keep me down.

March 19, 2010 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion,I'm gonna have to say that I think that he was a great dr,nobody says anything positive its all negative.were you there? To me nobody really knows the truth but that's what happen everybody judges,were u in the jury?do you have all the facts? Thank you dr abraham for what you have done for me and my family we will never forget your goodness.

January 23, 2011 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home