Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Message to the Eisemann Survivors - Annoymous E-mail


Below is an e-mail that was sent to me anonymously. I thought it was important so I'm posting it below.

Dear Survivors of Rav Moshe Eisemann,

I want to encourage all of the survivors of rav Eisemann to do the right thing. There is no statute of limitations on sex crimes against children in the state of Maryland. This means that you are some of the few adult survivors who might actually have the opportunity to see your offender tried in a criminal court.

Prior to going to the news media it is critical for you to make a police report. We do not want any of your evidence to be tampered with.

If you need help making a police report call TurnAround or the Awareness Center. I believe either organization will either walk you through the process or go with you to make sure your rights are protected.

If you really want to do something to protect other children from being harmed by this alleged sexual predator do the right thing and report his crimes to the police. Once you make a police report the vaad will have to make serious changes in the way things are handled.

Remember you are NOT alone. You do not have to file a police report alone.

I know you guys are out there and trying to figure out what to do. I know you are afraid of the repercussions of stating you were molested by this very powerful and highly protected rav. We need you to do the right thing and file a police report. Believe it or not it will help you with your childhood depression and fears. You no longer have to keep your secret. You no longer have to feel shame. Please, I beg of you make a police report today!!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with this posting 100%. The only way to change things in Baltimore is for those who abuse children to be arrested and for there to be a trail. No plea bargaining as they are trying to do with the case of Yisroel Shapiro and what they did with Ben Fleischman.

I hope those who were molested by rabbi Eisemann will find the courage to file a police report. It's time to demand for transparency with the rabbonim of Baltimore. Time to end the secrecy.

Let the first people to hear your story be the police. After you case is in the system and the states attorney's office has the information and collected the evidence, then go to the news media. Let this case make national news.

Ethical news media would never publish the names of those who have been victimized. They would put Eisemann's name in the headlines though along with Hopfer and that administration of Ner Israel.

January 30, 2008 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also agree with this. The only way things will ever change is by the survivors of Eisemann and any other alleged offender to bring their information to law enforcement.

By doing so it will force the vaad and Ner Israel to open up their books. It will finally make these institutions to be held accountable for their actions.

January 30, 2008 11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I knew who the survivors of Eisemann were. I would also go with them to make a police report. I would do what ever it took to help them through this whole process. They hold the key to making things change.

I also can't even begin to imagine the struggles they must be going through. What a huge step we are all asking them to make. I'm sure they are afraid. It's important to remember that fear is what keeps most of us stuck and depressed. It is what our offenders are banking on. By keeping our silence we are enabling offenders to keep on molesting, creating more victims.

Speaking out is what brings both safety and freedom.

January 31, 2008 9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then--- hire some good lawyers to bring civils suits agianst the perp and his yeshiva

January 31, 2008 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The problem in Maryland in filing a civil suit is that for most survivors the statute of limitations has already passed. The only option right now is to have criminal charges pressed.

I know that Vicki Polin is a part of a group working on lifting that statute and hopefully that bill will also have either a one or two year window. If the bill passes then the Eisemann survivors will have a chance to not only go after Eisemann, but also Ner Israel and all the others who covered up these crimes.

I know that Vicki is looking for Jewish survivors and parents of survivors to provide testimony at the next hearing, which I believe will be some time in February or March. If anyone is willing to help they should contact her at the Awareness Center asap: 443-857-5560.

January 31, 2008 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all victims of sex crimes should report the crimes to the police prior to talking to the news media. I don't think this case is any different.

I read about this case in the Baltimore Jewish Times. I know what was printed was pretty lame. I'm sure that had to do with the fact that Phil did not have the permission of those who were violated to print their stories or maybe he just never spoke to them?

I've been watching the Awareness Center's site for years. I know they would not have put Eisemann up on their site if there wasn't something to the story.

I really wish that if those who were raped by Eisemann would go to the police and have this case handled properly already.

January 31, 2008 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home